CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day

To all you mothers out there I hope you have all had a great day with your families.

I have had a great day, the girls surprised Bruce and I at 7am with a wonderful breakfast in bed. Although I can't stand crumbs in the bed it was a wonderful surprise and a great start to the day.

I decided I wanted to spend time with the girls this morning and do some fun baking. We decided to make some stained glass window cookies.


These were so much fun to make and the girls and I had a ball. I was a bit unsure how they would go and I was a bit concerned about burning the boiled lollies, but as you can see they worked a treat.


For anyone who is interested, here is the recipe:

225g butter, softened

275g sugar

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 cup water

500g flour

boiled sweets ( I used the Heards fruit boiled lollies) finely crushed

Cream the butter and sugar. Dissolve baking soda in water. Add to creamed mixture. Add flour to mixture. Roll dough out thinly. Cut with large cutter and cut centres out with small cutter. Avoid having too thin a border as these break easily..

Place cut outs on baking paper on a tray. Bake 180 dec cel for about 4 minutes. Remove from oven and add a generous amount of crushed sweets in centres. Bake for another 4 mins until sugar melts and bubbles and biscuits are lightly browned.

Let centres harden before removing from tray.

Have fun and enjoy the results.



1 comments:

Rachel F said...

YUM looks like you made enough to share lol what time is morning tea?
They look awesome Deb the girls would have had a blast!

Post a Comment